Saturday, May 5, 2012

Earth Art!

During the opening and closing performances of the Seussical, the parents so kindly gave the teachers involved very beautiful and very large bouquets of flowers.  So so pretty.  I LOVE flowers. I noticed a few days ago how many were dying and dropping petals all over.  It became messy and a bit overwhelming.  Instead of throwing them away I decided I was going to make some kind of flower art piece.  I thought about it on our ride home from work yesterday, and had a vision of radiating circles.  And WOW..this was fun!  The colors, the smell, the textures..it was a lovely sensory experience.  I must do this with old flowers from now on! It was built on top of our new turquoise table. Even though it won't last, as most Earth Art can't, the pictures document..and will allow this experience to last forever!




1 comment:

  1. I am so attracted to this colorful mandala! The off center composition is eye catching! You are so inspiring, my friend.

    ReplyDelete