Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Baby Swans, Chicks and Butterflies, oh my!


...or should I say cygnets, were born this week at the bottom of our street! I am in love!


...and many chicks were hatched in the first grade classrooms!  o boy do I love chick season!
tweet tweet tweet.
...and the caterpillar's are creating their chrysalis as we speak!
I have been raising three of my own. Caterpillars that is. Honestly, it has been so fascinating to watch them grow. They started as a tiny spec you could hardly see.  Then slowly they got bigger and bigger, getting fuzzy, growing legs, and then..they started forming their chrysalis!  I can't wait for them to turn into butterflies so they can roam free in our yard!  This experience has inspired me to start a butterfly garden this weekend...insanely fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and colorful blog. I'd love to see your butterfly garden.

    ReplyDelete