Sunday, August 5, 2012

Potluck Desserts! (10/14)

Potluck desserts, what a great idea! People were excited and happy to do it.  At first I thought I'd ask everyone coming!... but then decided we didn't want to get too wild with it, so we asked our mothers, my aunt, and a few friends.

I heard later, "that was the best dessert table at a wedding...ever!"  I think it was the variety, the yumminess and how each individual dessert was made with love.  My Aunt Diane was in charge of the dessert table.  She set them up when peeps brought them into the tent, and decorated the table.  She kicked that tables butt!  It looked beautiful!
We printed labels with the name of each dessert and who the baker was. We had a lovely variety, that spoke to each person and our families.
We had:

A Rainbow Heart Wedding Cake and Key-Lime Cheesecake made by my mama.  (One of the top hearts was saved in the freezer for our one year anniversary!)

Chocolate covered Coconut Macaroons, Apple Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and a
Pumpkin Pie made by my mother-in-law.

Sweet Bells (an Indian Dessert made from sweet flour, sugar, vanilla extract and dipped into a mixture of sugar glazed syrup and honey) and Pear-ra (an Indian Dessert made from sweet milk & sugar with almonds and pistachio nuts) from my aunt.  

And finally, Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream, Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Blueberry Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting and Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting made by friends.

 Thoughtful. Fun. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment