Monday, July 30, 2012

Vendors, or lack of! (8/14)

Let's start by saying, the resort needed a list of all my vendors.  Vendors? Huh?
We didn't have any.  A first for them!

You already know so much about how we accomplished this, but what you'll soon find out is that our desserts were potluck, our music was i-pod playlists, family and friends took some video and that my amazingly talented brother was our photographer!
Looking at traditional wedding albums, there were always the same type of photos, and who knows what kind of arm and leg people pay for them. I wanted the artsy photos I was attracted to, the kind my brother took!  First I had to make sure he wanted that job, cause it meant he couldn't just kick back at his sister's wedding.
Well, needless to say he was into it, and so were we!  As you can tell from most of the wedding pictures herein, he did an aaaammmazzzing job!  Unique, thoughtful, and taken with love.  He also bought us a Flicker account, and we told our guests taking their own photos, to upload them.  This gave us a number of different view points, which was great!
Something else that happened organically, that I could not have been happier with, was the colors that our guests brought to the wedding!  By coincidence, which I loved, both moms had on bright pink!  Other guests had on bright blue, purple, red, green, turquoise, magenta and orange. It was so vibrant and cheery! This made for great pictures!  ..What a colorful wedding!
I will always be grateful to everyone who participated in some way, and to my brother, the photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment