Friday, July 27, 2012

the Ceremony (7/14)

In the end, the ceremony was my favorite part of our wedding!  I remember listening to the sounds of water rolling and birds chirping as we looked into each others eyes.  Oh, how magical it was! 

The ceremony was in front of a stream in the middle of the woods, and the weather was beautiful.  You had to walk a ways to get there  (golf cart option for the elderly) and you were led by the most beautiful music.

The procession was small, including his parents, our brothers, the groom and then came my mother and I. It was a very special moment when I asked my mom to walk me down the aisle. I will always remember that moment and, of course, the moment when it actually happened.

The beautiful music was played by a group of my dear friends.  Although a lot of my friends are musicians, not all of these lovely ladies were.  They learned especially for us! (How ridiculously special!) My talented friend Sheila was leading a Xylophone ensemble with the middle school students in March.  That was the moment I knew the xylophones must be played at our wedding!  It was the most magical sound, and it filled the space with such a joyous and happy feeling.

Sheila became the teacher of two xylophone numbers for seven lovely ladies, while another friend, Rachel, played the clarinet when I walked down the aisle. I could never have imagined how wonderfully perfect these instruments would sound filling the natural environment!

These ladies were rock stars, practicing at lunch and after school.  I would sometimes sneak by the music room door to hear!  It was amazing.

For the ceremony itself, we wanted to have family and friends involved as much as possible.

My husband's cousin is a judge, and was able to marry us.  We had traditional marriage vows read, and we also had our own vows that were read directly after.

Now, you may have heard me call my husband, wonderfully poetic, and that's because he is!  He was a creative writing major in college when we met. (and wooed me with poems very early on!)   Two of his best friends read poems during the ceremony.

Pamela read an original poem and Damian read an excerpt from Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass...both of them did an amazing job!  In between the readings, the xylophone ensemble played a little ditty, and Shelia sang a traditional love song that brought me to tears.




Speaking of my love for color and magic, I have also always loved bubbles!  (I'm a big kid really.) I wanted us to be showered with bubbles when we exit.  That summer AC Moore had a bubble sale (.25 each) and we bought out all the purple bottles.  To make those bubbles special we took off the existing label and used sticker paper to attach an image of one of my paintings. The painting is called Love Setting

Choosing this painting fit perfectly, as when I began this painting in college my hubby and I were just friends, and by the time Love Setting was complete, we were a couple!







Bubbles sat on each chair as our guests arrived.






Magical sights.
Magical sounds.
Magical feeling.
Magical moment.
Magical memories.
Magical LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment