Saturday, April 28, 2012

Quilts!

I enjoy sewing crazy quilts!  Quilts where I follow no pattern, and just have a grand old time moving the fabrics in and out of the machine, attaching colors, shapes and patterns together!

This was my first quilt ever!  It is made of old clothes and fabrics I had laying around.  I had a lot of fun making it, however there were many issues it had including bunching and a weird backing.  With that though, I was really happy with it, its bright colors and funky movement.






Next I decided to try a log cabin esque quilt, using more old clothes belonging to me and my hubby, and more random fabric I had lying around.  This one, although I did not expect to like so much, I really do!  It started out as a picnic blanket, and has made its way to our bed on occasion!

Then I decided to try a quilt with a more polished approach.  A quilt where I went out and bought specific fabric to make it, and tried to keep with a pattern I created and a straight edge. All and all,  it was a learning experience.  I like it.  It is soft and colorful..but I love me a crazy quilt! I think I prefer a personal connection to the fabric and a more relaxed process, rather then worrying about a straight edge.
The most recent has been a comforter cover I made in black and white.  One side has squares and a few stripes, and the other side is big solid blocks of rectangles, squares and stripes.


Next, I hope to make a tee-shirt quilt, using parts of old tee-shirts I have been holding onto for way too long!  Maybe a summer project!?

No comments:

Post a Comment