Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vision Board

A vision board is a collage of images, pictures and affirmations of your hopes and dreams. This board can be about one specific aspect of your life you would like to improve or understand better, or it could be about your overall hopes/dreams for the future.  The process is totally fun!  You look through a variety of magazines pulling out images and words that call to you.  It is really like making a collage about what you hope/need in your life.  Like in many expressive art classes, you don't want to think too much about the images you choose, but rather you allow the images to find you. You can make a collection of these images.. keep a folder, or shoebox until you are ready for the gluing.  It is a really therapeutic process.  I found this such a fun exercise I wound up making two in the same evening!

After looking at the final pieces, I felt happy and clear in my life's desires.  Making art, cooking and yoga.  Creating a deep connection to nature, spirituality, love, happiness and tranquility.  I want to live a healthy, colorful and peaceful life filled with joy.  I am certain as the days pass I will notice more inside these vision boards.  What images will you find in your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment