Friday, February 17, 2012

Sketch Books (and journals) are GOOD ;)

At one time in my life I kept a sketchbook.  I could write, draw, paint, collage, whatever.  I would carry it around with me everywhere I went.  It felt good.  It slowly changed to occasional entries in my planner, becoming a very weak version of my sketchbook.  Now I hardly have anything resembling a sketchbook, even throughout the summer months when I am not full time teaching.  What happened?

It was inspiring, thought provoking and wonderfully reflective.  Last year I was in the midst of my thesis for Teachers College, researching this very topic.. and  found a name for this very thing.
The Artist-as-Teacher.
It was a super-duper interesting topic and I really enjoyed the whole self-reflective process!  One important part of my research was to keep a daily journal.  I should start to journal again as part of my new quest. Sketchbook here I come..?

No comments:

Post a Comment