Friday, February 17, 2012

Back to Nature

My husband and I finally moved back to nature!  We met in college in the magical beauty of upstate NY, a place that I could have envisioned living forever.  But, after receiving our degrees, we moved into the big apple for work "for a year or two."  Ha!  8 years later, we still love our jobs, but our living situation left much to be desired. I know the city is a wonderful place to live for many people, but for me, not so much.  All I wanted was
TO SEE: colors, flowers, plants, trees, snow, birds, leaves. TO BREATHE.
TO WATCH: the seasons change, magical sunsets, clouds pass, my cat run (really run), snow fall, wind blow, the stars, the moon.  TO GROW.
TO HAVE: a parking spot, bar free windows, quiet, space, fresh air, a car, a BBQ, washing machine, a garden and a place to make art.
To take walks whenever I feel like..beautiful walks right from our doorstep.
To drink tea while listening to an old record.
To cook delicious meals in a spacious kitchen.
To have wonderful neighbors who engage you in lovely conversation.
To have friends and family gather in your house and share in your joy.
...this list could and will continue.

Well, after much back and forth about what we want to do with our lives, a marriage, travel, jobs we enjoy, (and are lucky enough to have), life changes, ups and downs, and going from 24 to 31 in literally the blink of an eye (scary!) ...we finally moved!  And not just a small move, we now live in the country!  Legit rural living.  And I love it!




What's not to love?!  So now, I have been re-inspired to share my daily experiences and Belle Stories!  This blog is a place where I would like to share the unfolding beauty in my daily life. Whether painting, sewing, teaching, gardening, walking, reading, cooking, eating, sharing ideas/questions, crafting or finding a good deal (I now love garage sales!)  I hope you enjoy it and get inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment