Monday, August 27, 2012

the Hudson River

Let's start by saying I love the Hudson River.  I love the history, and I have always loved living near it.  It is part of my life, and the beauty of where we live.  Of course I wish it was cleaner...but there are many wonderful people who are contributing to the welfare of the river; preserving, protecting and bringing awareness. 
I had the privilege to teach a class and take a workshop on the Hudson in July.  It was an incredibly  beautiful day, and the whole experience gave me more then I expected! The classroom was the river itself, and in the Kathryn W. Davis RiverWalk Center. This center is an abandoned bathhouse from the 1920's that had recently been renovated into classrooms.  It was lovely.
After teaching the class, a kind woman came up to me to tell me I was incredibly inspiring, that my passion was contagious, and that she was thrilled to have have been in my class.  That comment capped off a truly enriching experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment