Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Show!

Last Friday was the Art Opening of my first solo show in 10 years!  I had not seen the work up until I arrived, and I was thrilled!  The gallery was spacious and crisp, and the work looked great!
The gallery made a poster for the entrance, and postcards to promote the show.  They also set out quite a spread of food and drink for the reception. Family and friends came to support me, which was wonderful...and there was lots of conversation with strangers who were interested the work.  I heard a number of times, ALL of these are yours?  And it did seem like a lot all together... I was proud, and that's a nice feeling.

It is up all month and many professors who were at the opening said they will be bringing their classes there to discuss the work ;)  The Color Theory professor had already brought her class, and they have a reflection paper due on my work next week!  I asked her to send them to me, I'm super interested!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment