Monday, September 3, 2012

a Tea Party


My  brother-in-law got engaged last summer, and is getting married this October in Saratoga Springs. In July my mother-in-law planned her son's soon to be wife a bridal shower...but this was no ordinary bridal shower.  This was a beautiful tea party!  
A tea party equipped with a tasty variety of homemade scones, cookies, quiche and tea sandwiches.  Delicious hot and cold teas, jams and jellies.  An elegant table with a combination of beautiful tea cups, saucers and plates, little flowers, candles, homemade sugar cubes, honey, rock candy and peppermint sticks.  And to top it all off, everyone wore a hat!
It was a well-done party. The bride to be and all the guests were very pleased and had a lovely and delicious time. Every detail was thoughtful and the whole experience was a memorable one!  I was extremely excited to attend a tea party, and was not disappointed.  I used to have them all the time with my stuffed animals as a kid...hello Bert and Ernie!
My love for a tea party has been rekindled, and I can't wait to have another one!  I'm planning the menu in my head right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment