Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rewind--Our DIY Wedding! (1/14)

When we got married (almost two years ago!)  I planned to document all the fun and creative things we did for the big day..so for a few posts I will be blogging in rewind to share some of the DIY elements that I believe made our day so special.

When we got engaged we had already been in love (and living together) for 8 years. I imagined eloping in the NYBG Rose Garden, but my soon to be husband had a different plan...a wedding! I never pictured having a wedding, and planning one seemed incredibly daunting.  Very quickly I came to the realization that I needed to make this fun.. that I needed to make this something that I could get excited about! I quickly realized that meant I needed to make it something creative, maybe even an art project!!  Honestly, I never heard of a DIY anything in 2009, but I came across this blog, and was immediately smitten.  I loved it!  It showed me that a wedding didn't have to look like all the typical weddings I had been to.. or for that matter, be expensive.  I did not need to wear a big white gown, or have bridesmaids.  Our wedding could be whatever WE wanted!..and that it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment